24.02.2016

Public appearance

I had the honor of opening an event yesterday. The event was aimed at engineers, technologist and technician that are seeking new work mostly due to the recession in the Norwegian oil business. My slightly more than ten minute talk was about the different phases we go through as we go from being a valued employee with a safe job and are suddenly forced into a leave of absence due to lack of work or are the victims of downsizing. A fairly bleak subject, but as you can see below, OMG Kitty helped me get smiles on most of the faces present.


Moglegheitsarena er i gang på Stord Hotell. Arbeidssøkar og tidlegare tillitsvald i NITO, Kjell Eivind Helgesen, opnar konferansen.
Posted by NITO Nord-Rogaland og Sunnhordland on 23. februar 2016


It says that I am both looking for work (which I am) and that I am a former union representative for NITO (I am technically still a union representative, but since I am on a forced leave of absence from Imenco at the moment, I cannot really contribute with much anyway).

All in all I believe the event was a success, many investments are being made in different fields than Oil & Gas, so there will definitely be a need for us geeks in the future too.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar